Nov 26, 2008

My first step

I took my very first class last night for doing Real Estate sales. Yikes....soooo much to learn. I'm sure (or at least hope) the fun part will start after I get the license.
With the school budget cuts and their thought that there's no need for art (how wrong they are) finding more work as an art teacher doesn't look like it's going to happen.
I've always been interested in real estate....so I decided that it's a good time to go for it.
Taking the classes now while the economy is slow will give me time to become licensed and get my feet wet. I already know of a couple of firms that will take me on...so that's good.
One never knows how long they will have a job available these days. My husband sells yachts...and I have to say, they are not a hot seller these days.
Luckily, everyone at one time or another will need to buy or sell a house....so I'm hopful that this will help keep us afloat if the yachts sink!
Fingers crossed!!

3 comments:

barefootchef said...

Wanda, I have a friend that went into real estate sales a couple of years ago. She really loves it.

Wishing you the best of luck in your new field!

roc said...

oh you're going to be an ace student. no doubts about it. good luck!

WW said...

Thanks ladies. I appreciate the support!