Sep 27, 2009

Snowflakes

Feel like I haven't been around for a while. It's been a long week or so. We lost a very much loved family member a little more than a week ago, and it has been a bit difficult to sort things out emotionally and get on with things. I honestly never do very well with the passing of loved ones.

The last few days I've slowly started to get back into my art. Managed to do a couple of small pieces for some art swaps and just discovered this lovely bead pattern who's design just reminds me of snowflakes. The pattern was meant to create flowers as embelishments for a
necklace...but when I made the first one and saw it coming out looking like a snowflake...well, I just had to end up creating snowflake earrings with it.

I must say, this has made me smile and feel good when I'm working on them, so I've added them to my Etsy shop and I think I'll look for more ways to switch them up.
I hope you enjoy them. They've certainly helped my spirits.

2 comments:

barefootchef said...

Wow, Wanda these are just beautiful and makes me look forward to cooler weather and holidays!

roc said...

your jewelry pieces look so beautiful! you know...those little snowflake beads would make great altered charms in the altered charm swap!