Jul 31, 2008

The local art show



The local art show raffle wall was sooooo full this year that it took two photos to show all the donated paintings. These are all 5x7 paintings donated by all the members of the art group. We've been doing this for a number of years now and it has been one of the biggest fund raisers at the summer show.
The idea is that you buy your raffle tickets and drop one into the bag under the painting that you'd love to win. On the last day of the show, there is a random drawing done for each one.
I think most of the area has caught on that this is an awesome way to maybe win an original painting for very little money while supporting the local art group!!
Well....I did my first round of gallery sitting Tuesday and I'm off to go sit a few hours today!

1 comment:

Lisa Buchanan said...

What a great idea for an art group project. I am so glad you posted this. Cool, very cool.