Aug 11, 2011

Seagulls from scratch

Ahhh...and you thought seagulls were just those funny little ocean birds who flew into the picture looking around for everything and anything you may have left around!!
Nope...it's not that easy.
I've had a bit of a run on seagulls lately so I had to actually make some more "seagull" papers before I could even make more of those little birds.
The best papers in the shades of gray that I'd been working with were the ones I make myself. Sooo...that was the first part of the process.
 The result...my single guy...DB and my fun loving pair...Lucy & Ricky.

Yes...they sort of name themselves as they come to life.

2 comments:

roc said...

wonderful job with these pieces of art!

Terri Kahrs said...

OMG! Lucy & Ricky are AWEsome!!! Isn't it amazing how many shades of gray are included in feathers?!?!? Your work always makes me smile! Hugs, Terri xoxo