Aug 19, 2010

A new inspiration

Just when you think you've seen all the variations on paper painting...you find another.
As I was having my morning coffee yesterday I turned on a cable channel for a bit of early news...and there it was...a segment on artist Derek Gores.
I have no idea how I've missed his work until now.....it's just wonderful.

He has a technique which is almost a controlled AND random act that becomes a detailed portrait!!
His work has many beautiful portraits which include several of Obama over the last few years!
Click on his name....I've added the link. When you see the front page....watch that slide show. You will be quite impressed as the picture changes from something which looks like nothing...to a great piece of work.
Beautiful beautiful work. Thanks for the inspiration Derek!!

2 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

OMG, Wanda! I just took a quick trip over to Derek's site via your link and was totally mesmerized. His work is outstanding! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Cathy said...

wow! what amazing work he does! thanks for sharing!