Apr 12, 2010

A Very Tiny Neighborhood

On my regular mail art trading site we are creating a tiny "magnet" neighborhood.
All of the little houses or assorted buildings we do can not be any larger than an ATC. They can take on different shapes, but must stay no larger than that. We must create at least five, and each one must also contain some text.

I've just completed my five little buildings. They all started out with a watercolor wash on rice paper and then attached to bristol for strength. The beautiful colors that were left on the rice paper became the main color of the building.

From there I drew in all the details with pens.

I'm looking forward to seeing what little buildings I end up with after the trade. I've been seeing some really fun pieces being made for this swap!

No comments: