One of these was a "whale". In thinking about that we agreed that an entire whale might not make for a very interesting Torn Paper Painting....but a "tail" just might do the trick!
The other image request was that of a Piping Plover. Hmmm....since I'd already done so many seagulls....there didn't seem any reason that this couldn't be done as well.
"Piper" the plover turned out to be a fun little birdie to create. It gave me no real problems except for having to create some rice paper that could hold the look of some moist sand.
The "Whale Tail" was a bit of another matter. While the tail was interesting enough, I did feel the water had to take on a lot of life to give movement to this. Then...there was the matter of creating what would look like water droplets flying off the tail as it came out from the water. Not actually an easy task to be done with paper and make it light and airy. After a bit of a struggle with that....I finally found the answer!! (click on the pic to see a larger view)Yep...for now, a trade secret :) Unless some of you figure it out....not really all that hard...lol
I think the effect worked...and I'm almost sad to let them go!
Oh well...no reason not to do it again :)