May 8, 2011

Derby party

Yesterday, as you all know, was the Kentucky Derby. We have friends who take this very seriously....party wise....and a big time horse race is as good a reason for a party as any!! :)
This is also, I might add, a good reason to dress up....derby style...lol
While I may have broken out my big hat...my husband, Mark, went one step further with this awesome yellow dress jacket which had once belonged to his grandfather!! Doesn't he look the full part of a cool southern gentleman? :)


















Let the mint julips flow folks!!!


5 comments:

Effie said...

Very nice hats........and what a wonderful vintage jacket!

Terri Kahrs said...

AWEsome! You made a smashing couple! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Terri Kahrs said...

Awesome pics! You guys made a lovely couple! OMG! The jacket is fabulous. I just know you had a great time. Hugs, Terri xoxo

Renee Stien said...

such a charming couple - hope you had fun at the party

roc said...

how fun!